Sunday, June 28, 2009

Intense and Grotesque

Two words that I came across a while back, I consider them stolen from a man's past. A past that no one knows about. A past that came to my attention two years ago.

When your heart is broken, you can't expect it go without pain. And you damn well better not expect the person that broke it to be hugged, nor welcomed with open arms. It's hard to look in on a situation when you are the one in it. The emotions don't always allow you to see that these painful experiences help shape the great person you will one day come. But with that comes sacrafice. You have to choose the right path, the one many call "less taken".

I am choosing, slowly, to take the less taken route. The one that leaves me alone, lonely for a while, but all for good reason. Simply because I don't want a two faced, over dramatic, filled with so much audacity... that he would have so little respect for a woman of my compassion to abuse it, to be in my life at all.

But if I choose the road, where I continue to be stomped on, and pushed in the dirt, called fucking stupid...I fear I will wake up one morning, and realize I sacraficed myself for someone who didn't ever really even love me, appreciate me, or sacrafice anything for me. That my lovelies, are what I want to teach people to stay away from.

I am done with listening to what they know I want to hear, I am done wasting my words on people like that.

But lovelies, believe me, I hate to sound cruel, cold hearted, but when the one thing you hold dearest to you is taken for granted, you will, and I will do anything to protect it from destruction.

No comments: